HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  FIGHT! WebsiteFIGHT! Website  

Share | 

Interview with Jeremy Brown

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeremy Brown
Kalib Starnes

PostSubject: Interview with Jeremy Brown   Mon May 18, 2009 1:01 pm

After the initial FIGHT! card, Jeremy Brown found himself taking a trip to the doctor. Despite the knockout suffered, he was cleared to compete against Canadian Damian Cruise at the next FIGHT! event. Sherdog.com sat down with Brown to discuss his first FIGHT! match, and his future with the company.

Sherdog.com: Thanks for joining us today, Jeremy.

Brown: Not a problem, always happy to talk to you guys.

Sherdog.com: Let's talk about the match with Dane Kinsey. You showed a lot of heart in that first round, even rocked "Banger." What was going through your mind?

Brown: Honestly, not a whole lot. I mean, my head was pretty cloudy after that first knockdown, but as soon as it cleared, I was aware that I needed to start fighting harder or I was gonna get killed! That said...I was outmatched, man. I caught him with a lucky shot, staggered him...I think it just made him angrier.

Sherdog.com You're right, there, as he finished you off at the end of the second round. The fight was very well received, though, and you were awarded Fight of the Night honors.

Brown: That was really big for me, honestly. That I could go out there, show I've got the heart to compete, and entertain both the fans and the FIGHT! executives so much that they'd say I had the fight of the night...that's a big goal that I achieved night one.

Sherdog.com: Congratulations on that, but your bigger focus must be getting your first win in FIGHT!. You'll get that chance when you take on former FURYPRO fighter, Damian Cruise. Cruise is a grappler, your focus is muay thai. How do you think this matchup works for you?

Brown: That's a good question, and to be honest, I don't know. I know that he couldn't seem to keep Kowashi off of him, but I think that lends more to him being slightly overmatched, like I was. It'll be an even fight, and I'll do my best to keep it off the ground. If I can do that, it'll hopefully go my way.

Sherdog.com: Well we wish you the best of luck, Jeremy.

Brown: Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Interview with Jeremy Brown
Page 1 of 1