FIGHT! MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  FIGHT! WebsiteFIGHT! Website  

CHIZUKO KOWASHI

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave
Kalib Starnes

CHIZUKO KOWASHI Empty
PostSubject: CHIZUKO KOWASHI   CHIZUKO KOWASHI EmptyWed May 20, 2009 3:31 pm

Quote :
Paramount Fight Club, one of the premier MMA training camps on the West Coast, has been responsible for the cultivation of Japanese import Chizuko Kowashi. While away from his home camp in Japan, Chuujitsu Dojo, Kowashi has found himself a second home in Hollywood, California, where he has been welcomed with open arms by PFC’s owner Greg Harmer.

“Since day one, I’ve treated Kowashi as if he was one of the regulars. I mean, he is a great guy, a great athlete,… it’s sort of a shock to see one of Shin’ya Funabashi’s pupils rolling around in my gym, I mean his experience level is just off the charts for someone of his age… but, it wakes some of the guys up- gets them on their toes [laughs]”

We asked Harmer if the language barrier between them was a real problem while training…

“Well, he had his translator by his side, translating my instructions and what not… so, I guess it wasn’t that much of a problem with me. The other guys in there, I don’t believe have much of a problem either. When I look over and see them talking with Kowashi, or sparring with him, it’s just as if they were all speaking the same language. I guess it’s something you just get accustomed to.”

We then questioned Kowashi's work ability…

“Oh, this kid can go all day! Nonstop, from the time he enters the building, till’ the time the building is empty. To see him push himself so hard throughout the training regiments, it’s insane. I mean, but you expect that from someone who has been training with Funabashi. But, yeah, Kowashi diffidently goes hard- it’s unreal.”

Lastly, we asked Harmer about Kowashi’s future in American mixed martial arts scene…

“It’s only a matter of time before everyone knows his name. I’ve trained guys all over the United States, and all over the world, and I can just see that Kowashi has what it takes. If anyone would know if someone else has what it takes, it’s me. His ground game is like something out of a comic book, I mean he can work things some guys, who have been in the game 20 plus years, have never seen before. His takedowns are unshakeable, and his chin is made of concrete. You can’t submit him, you can’t knock him out… the only hope out there is if the opponent has a tranquilizer gun. This kid is diffidently the real deal.”

- - Courtesy of mmazone.com
Back to top Go down

CHIZUKO KOWASHI
Page 1 of 1